BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ankangoswami78
Calcite | Level 5

what is the course code of SAS Programming 1: Essential? I am not able to download SAS enterprise without it.

3 REPLIES 3
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

The course code for Programming 1 is EPG1V2 for the eLearning version. Can you clarify what you are trying to accomplish? Are you taking the Programming 1 course and trying to get access to SAS software? Or do you already have access to SAS and are trying to access the data for the Programming 1 course?

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Course code to download Enterprise Guide? I'm not 100% what you are trying to do.

Go to this link: https://support.sas.com/edu/schedules.html?crs=PROG1&source=aem&ctry=US and select the Start button under e-learning. Programming 1 is free.

PG1 Start.png

To use SAS for free I highly recommend using SAS On Demand for Academics. It's all cloud based and no installation required. You can sign up here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html

Hope this helps.

- Peter

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: When you ask for a course code, it sounds like you might be working on the SAS OnDemand for Academics server, which requires a course code to use advanced software like Forecast Server, Enterprise Guide and Enterprise Miner. but those course codes are different from the Programming 1 course code (EPG1V2).

The Programming 1 course code will not allow you to download either Enterprise Guide or Enterprise Miner. There are just 2 demos in the Programming 1 class that use SAS Enterprise Guide. All the other demos in class use SAS Studio. There are a few activities that explicitly tell SAS Studio students that they should NOT try to do the Enterprise Guide activity. All the code in class can be practiced using SAS Studio on the SAS OnDemand for Academics server. SAS Enterprise Guide is typically a corporate purchase and not usually available for independent use on the SAS OnDemand server. If you want to learn the basics of SAS and you are using SAS OnDemand for Academics, your best interface as a beginner is to use SAS Studio, which is the newest browser-based interface and the one we recommend for the Programming 1 and Programming 2 classes.
Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation