BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi everyone...

How can i get three proc reports output side by side?...thanks in advance....
7 REPLIES 7
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
What output destination type are you using? Suggest sharing your SAS code (PROC REPORT, ODS, etc.) for useful feedback. Also, suggest you might search the forum archives and also there are examples at the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ website. For example, ODS PDF (with the COLUMNS=n parameter) and ODS HTMLPANEL may provide what you want - check the available DOC and supplemental technical/conference papers available online.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Recommended Google advanced search argumen this topic/post:

htmlpanel "side by side" site:sas.com
deleted_user
Not applicable
HI

I am having the output in html format.. This is my proc report code:::::::::::

PROC REPORT DATA = RM_MTD;
DEFINE RM_CODE/ GROUP 'RM CODE';
DEFINE NO_OF_ACC/ANALYSIS 'NO OF ACCOUNTS';
DEFINE BAL_USD/ANALYSIS 'BALANCE(USD) in mn';
RBREAK AFTER/SUMMARIZE OL;
COMPUTE RM_CODE;
IF _BREAK_ = '_RBREAK_' THEN RM_CODE = 'TOTAL';
IF _BREAK_ = '_RBREAK_' THEN CALL DEFINE(_ROW_,"STYLE","STYLE = [BACKGROUND = LIGHTGREY]");
ENDCOMP;
RUN;
ods html close;

PROC REPORT DATA = RM_YTD;
DEFINE RM_CODE/ GROUP 'RM CODE';
DEFINE NO_OF_ACC/ANALYSIS 'NO OF ACCOUNTS';
DEFINE BAL_USD/ANALYSIS 'BALANCE(USD) in mn';
RBREAK AFTER/SUMMARIZE OL;
COMPUTE RM_CODE;
IF _BREAK_ = '_RBREAK_' THEN RM_CODE = 'TOTAL';
IF _BREAK_ = '_RBREAK_' THEN CALL DEFINE(_ROW_,"STYLE","STYLE = [BACKGROUND = LIGHTGREY]");
ENDCOMP;
RUN;
ods html close;

I want the output of these side by side.....not one below the other
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
It's unclear if you took the opportunity to review any of the recommended SAS documentation and technical/conference paper references on this topic?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi scott...

I have read the documentation and tried that but its not working..the code which i have mentioned will give me two different html outputs ..i want them side by side means adjacent to each other,not one below the other...so if you can please assist................
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I see you are closing the ODS HTML destination?

Also, if you did try ODS HTMLPANEL as suggested, share that code as well.

Otherwise, suggest you contact SAS tech support and open a track, while providing them with all the details of your SAS program and also log outputs, for a thorough diagnosis.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
As Scott recommends, if you cannot make the HTMLPANEL tagset work, then you need to open a track with Tech Support. When I run the examples, as downloadable from this page, I am able to generate side-by-side output.
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/htmlpanel.html

In particular, the PANELOPT.SAS program in the ZIP file shows how to generate 3 side by side tables. Modifying that program to generate 2 tables side-by-side should work for you. If you have not been able to make PANELOPT.SAS work for you, then you should contact Tech Support.

Remember that if you are using the ODS TAGSETS.HTMLPANEL destination, then you would NOT have 2 ODS HTML CLOSE statements in your code....as shown in the examples for invoking the HTMLPANEL destination.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks scott and cynthia.............

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation