BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TreeFrog
Calcite | Level 5
It's the Tree Frog again...

I'm creating some graphs for pdf output.
1. When I use dev=activex, my graphs look good (i.e. how I want them to look), but they just won't behave with ODS REGION statements (strange thing: they honour the X= value, and move across the page, but not the Y= value, so they stay at the top of the page no matter what value/unit combination I submit.
2. When I use the SASPRTC device, I have the opposite problem: they look terrible (wrong colours, fonts, they're all squashed up, etc), but they honour ODS REGION placement precisely.

Is there a way to have good looking graphs in the right place? Am I going to have to delve deeply into the SAS/GRAPH documentation about device drivers? Where should I begin?

This is all too much for a humble frog!

TF
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:

For information on SAS/Graph and customization using SAS/Graph statements and using device drivers and other GOPTIONS, then yes, you will have to delve into the world of SAS/Graph documentation.

For ODS REGION/ODS LAYOUT information-- that capability is still experimental and your best bet for information on the usage is to look at SUGI papers, user-group papers or to contact Tech Support. ODS LAYOUT is discussed in this Tech Support document:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts659/ts659.html

In that document, it points you to this site for further information:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/odsprinter/new9.html#LAYOUT
I could not find any information in either of these documents regarding limitations on the kind of device driver that can be used with ODS REGION/ODS LAYOUT.

Technical Support could tell you for sure how to use ODS LAYOUT/ODS REGION. If you really want to use ODS LAYOUT/ODS REGION and it turns out that you need to use the "non client-side drivers" (like SASPRTC or PNG or GIF or JPEG) instead of ACTIVEX or ACTXIMG, then you CAN customize the graphs with SAS/Graph statements. There is extensive (and award-winning) SAS/Graph documentation that outlines how to customize every aspect of your graph content.

Good luck!
cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation