BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
During the last several weeks, I have undertaken an effort to automate a huge process within our department, which will save an enormous amount of time and resources in the future. This has been facilitated via tagsets.excelxp. This component of created multiple worsheets within spreadsheet in mass has been accomplished, albeit the inability to automate the creation of the company logo on the worksheets.

The process then involves having our customers fill in the spreadsheets, predominantly with dates. The issue I am having now is the invokation of the macro specified in the subject line. The macro works fine. The issue is how the dates get imported. They all get imported as a date with the time stamp appended but in CHARACTER format which looks like:

2009-01-12T00:00:00.000

... thus rendering my dilemma.

Can anyone suggest how to remedy this issue? Is there any part of the macro, created by SAS, that can be changed to accomodate this?
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I find that macro mentioned in this paper:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/sugi29/ExcelXML.pdf (and others)

Your best bet for help is to either contact the macro author directly (address at the end of the paper) or to work with Tech Support (who can contact the macro author if they are unable to help you).

When you downloaded the macro program, the "LOADXL.SAS" file should contain the full text of the XLXP2SAS macro code. If you have trouble figuring out how to alter the macro program or the .map file to get the format you want for your date, then Tech Support would be your best resource.

To open a track with Tech Support, go to:
http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank You Cynthia. I tried emailing the author, but the email address is invalid sasvcd@unx.sas.com

In any case I have submited the issue through the link you provided.
Paul_Kent_SAS
SAS Employee
Vince's email is now Vincent.DelGobbo@sas.com ; our IT people have disable the old username@unx.sas.com variations as they were receiving unbearable amounts of SPAM.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you Paul.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation