BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saslackey
Calcite | Level 5
hi, i need some help with a project. I have the skeletal code and i am new working on this. If anyone would like to help me out. please reply to this.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Asking for "help with a project" is a vague request. It might possibly be too vague to get you any responses. What would be most useful would be some more descriptive information. For example, fill in the blanks:

1) I have a project where I need to _______________________

2) The data that I have is ____________________ (in a SAS dataset, in a flat file, in a database)

3) The data represents _____________________ (a year of sales, counts of fish species, instrument measurements, stock prices... ...)

4) I have to do _________________________________________ with the data

5) My output will be ___________________________ (a report, a dataset, a flat file, an email)

6) If the output is a report, the report needs to be produced so that it can be opened with ____________________________________ (in a browser, in Word, with Acrobat Reader)

7) I will be using ______________________________ (SAS Enterprise Guide, Base SAS, Base SAS and SAS/AF, SAS and the Enterprise Intelligence Platform, SAS and Enterprise Miner)

8) My computer platform is _________________________ (Windows, Unix, Linux, Mainframe)

9) My version of SAS is ________________________

10) I think what I need to do/use is ____________________________

11) Specifically, I am having trouble with ______________________________

12) The skeletal code or the code I've tried is:
...post the code...

cynthia
saslackey
Calcite | Level 5
hi right now when i run my program i am getting this error message//
WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference YR2 not resolved.
200 Year(LS.SaleDate) = &yr2
_
_
_
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a name, a quoted string, a numeric constant, a datetime constant,
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a name, a quoted string, a numeric constant, a datetime constant,
ER
a missing value, BTRIM, INPUT, LOWER, PUT, SUBSTRING, UPPER, USER.

201 AND QTR(LS.SaleDate) <= &qt
WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference QT not resolved.
201 AND QTR(LS.SaleDate) <= &qt
_
_
_
ER
a missing value, BTRIM, INPUT, LOWER, PUT, SUBSTRING, UPPER, USER. Message was edited by: saslackey
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You will need to share much more information, especially about your entire SAS program - at least the part relevent to the PROC, DATA, or other "step" executions. SAS version, OS platform, whether SAS is local or accessed remote, whether the program has worked in the past or not -- all these will help you immensely, somewhat for your own self-diagnosis and then maybe for others on the appropriate SAS discussion forum, depending on the situation.

So, to start in your quest, some helpful info - you have a particular message, pasted below, indicating that there is a SAS macro variable called YR2 which is not known to SAS - you would have needed some prior code to assign a value to the macro variable.

WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference YR2 not resolve

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation