BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Eva
Quartz | Level 8 Eva
Quartz | Level 8
Hello!

I have a Stored Process which I display in the SAS portal. When I display two or more proc reports or graphics there is always a horizontal line displayed between two of them. When I view the created HTML code there is

How can I erase these horizontal lines?

Best regards
Eva
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This Tech Support note shows how you'd have to change the STYLE template used by SAS (if you decided to change the style template):
http://support.sas.com/kb/23/340.html

And this paper from NESUG shows how to use a customized template with a stored process:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/papers/regional08/SP_Template.pdf (even though the paper talks explicitly about tagset templates, the same general rules apply for defining the item store, writing the template to the item store, etc.

In your case, you would NOT be creating a tagset template, so your _ODSDEST reserved parameter would NOT change. However, your _ODSSTYLE parameter would change. If your company is using CSS files instead of SAS Style templates to style your stored processes, then a CSS solution, may work for you, as described here:
http://support.sas.com/kb/23/630.html

If you need more help with this task, I suggest you contact Tech Support.

cynthia
Eva
Quartz | Level 8 Eva
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Cynthia,

thanx for your answer! I tried

proc template;
define style styles.nobreak;
parent=styles.default;
style Body from Body /
Pagebreakhtml=_undef_;
end;
run;

Yet I get the following error:
Template 'Styles.Nobreak' was unable to write to template store!

What do I need here?

Best regards
Eva
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Also see my NESUG paper link in the first posting. Your item store must be in a WRITEABLE location on your server (default name SASMAIN). Generally the best place is down under the LEV1 directory where the format library and macro autocall library are located, so that your code needed by SAS stored processes is all in one general vicinity for backup and maintenance purposes.

You will need the ODS PATH statement, but you will also need a "hard-coded" LIBNAME statement for this server location for the template item store. You cannot use the META libname engine to point to the template location. Without an ODS PATH statement, PROC TEMPLATE is trying to write to SASUSER.TEMPLAT, which is probably not available, or if available, not writeable on your SP server.

Another alternative would be to define your template in the WORK location it would have to be done in your SP and done BEFORE the %stpbegin. But, that also means no other SP could use that same style without having the same Proc Template code in the SP itself. So this is really not a long term solution.

You might want to work with Tech Support on this issue, as they could follow your track from beginning to end until you get everything working.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation