BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yennie
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I would like to apologise for failing to build this html page so many times. Maybe I did not explain myself really clear the past few weeks. For those who have helped and answered me out, really really thanks alot. So here it goes like this really...

I currently have three frames in MainFrame.html - FrameA(LeftFrame), FrameB and FrameC (Split Frame on the Right Frame) and the below codings for MainFrame.html...

Data _Null_;

File 'MainFrame.html';

Put '';

Put '';

Put '';

Put '';

Put '';

Put '';

Run;

Within FrameA.Html, there are 7 hyperlinks which link to FrameB.Html depending on what the user choose. Below shows the code and the designated html page that it will link to.

Title: Earnings

Type of Motorcycles - FrameB_CC.html

Type of Insurance Covers - FrameB_Cover.html

Age of Riders - FrameB_Riders.html

Type of Sales Channels - FrameB_Channels.html

States - FrameB_States.html

Age of Motorcycle - FrameB_VehAge.html

Make of Motorcycle - FrameB_Make.html

Now.. This is the tricky part with FrameB - which consists of two data fields that require users to key in the dates and also a select box depending on what the user chose in FrameA.Html.

Say for example, If user selects "FrameB_States.html" , then the select options will be Queensland, Victoria, South Australia etc with an Optgroup name "States". Refer to below codings if "Type of Sales Channels" selected:

Data _Null_;

File 'FrameB_Channels.html';

Put 'Motor Insurance > GIO > Earnings > &FromFrameA'; - If "FrameB_Channels.html" been selected, Then &FromFrameA. will be reflected as "Type of Sales Channels" and of course if "Frame_States.Html" is selected then &FromFrameA. will be "States". Question 1: Does anyone know how to write this bit of script to get it reflected?

Put 'End of Month (E.g 912) : ';

Put 'Inforce Date (E.g 20JAN2010) : ';

Put 'Select the Type of Data to be Generated: ';

'';

---> If FrameB_Channels.html, the selections will look like this. However, if FrameB_States.Html is selected then the selections will be Victoria, Queeland, South Australia etc. Question 2: Does anyone know if this there is any script that can written to change the select group dynamically? Macro Script?

Put '';

Run;

Lastly FrameC.Html will outputs graphs and table of the selection made by user. And it goes like this...

ODS HTML Body = 'FrameC.html';

Data Results;

Set Data;

Where TypeofSalesChannel = "F"; ----> This part really depends on what the user select in FrameA.Html & FrameB.Html. Question 3: Does anyone know how to make this interacting with FrameA and FrameB.Html?

Run;

PROC SORT

DATA=Results OUT=Results;

BY TypeofSalesChannel ;
RUN;

PROC GPLOT DATA = Data_Smry NOCACHE;

PLOT Earnings * month /

GRID VAXIS=AXIS1 HAXIS=AXIS2 FRAME LEGEND=LEGEND1;

BY TypeofSalesChannel;

RUN;

ODS HTML Close;

Last Question: Is there anyway I can create a macro script without having to create a whole lots of different html pages? And I am strictly using SAS Base Code - not on SAS/Intrnet or Enterprise Guide. So hoping someone can direct me to something just using SAS Base Code!

cheers.
yennie
6 REPLIES 6
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Where will the SAS system be running? How will your "users" access the web-based application?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

SUGI 31 paper on Delivering Dynamic Content with the SAS Stored Process Web Application
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/231-31.pdf
Yennie
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there,

My company has a local intranet that will store all these web pages and IT will scheulde the script to be ran every once a month and store the dataset back end. The users will access the the html pages via our company intranet.

Cheers.
Yennie
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Where will the SAS system be installed though? If you are expecting to use a web-based interface to launch a SAS application, there must be interaction between your web server and your SAS "server" environments. That is unless you are expecting to generate "n" number of static web pages, each accessible from your web-based drop-down menu of choices.

So, is your SAS application (accessed from the web) expected to be "dynamic" or "static", when considering where and how the SAS system is launched? There is no question that you can generate all possible report/output/chart combinations in advance out to a web-server accessible to clients, and then also generate the HTML pages with the appropriate JavaScript selection which will cause a pre-defined HTML web page (with imbedded images) be displayed to the end-user.

Is that what you want to accomplish - by having all outputs already existing and generated "new" once monthly from a defined "script"?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Recommended Google advanced search argument this topic/post:

generate ods outputs javascript site:sas.com
Yennie
Calcite | Level 5
I understand that if I need interaction between my web server and SAS, then I will have to use SAS Web Report Studio - which is going to be out of the question because I do not know how to use this program.

I am hoping that it can be dynamic - which will saves the 'trouble' having to generate so many html script and minimizing the number of html pages as well.

Yeah scott. At this stage, I am looking at just having all outputs already exist and generate "new" once monthly from a defined script.

Cheers.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Again - where do you expect to have the SAS software (licensed) running? Did you take a look at the DOC references for consideration?

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Does your company -have- SAS Web Report Studio???? If so, you really do need to investigate and learn how SAS Web Report Studio works within the whole context of the Enterprise BI Server or the BI Server platform and architecture.

SAS Web Report studio is a web-based client application -- the ONLY content you can view using SAS Web Report studio is content that is generated using the report facilities of WRS or using SAS Stored Processes.

SAS Stored Processes CANNOT generate HTML results -- SAS Web Report Studio will ONLY accept SAS Report XML results from SAS Stored Processes.

Scott's reference for using the SAS Stored Process Web Application (or using the SAS Information Delivery Portal and custom portlets) is the only way you will be able to use any kind of custom HTML with FRAMES in the context of the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform.

When you say
"I understand that if I need interaction between my web server and SAS, then I will have to use SAS Web Report Studio" in my opinion, you REALLY, REALLY need to investigate how the middle tier of the Enterprise BI Server works, because a web server that does not know how to communicate to the BI Middle Tier will not work correctly. All of SAS on the BI Server platforms, expects requests to come through the Metadata server for authorization and authentication.

If you are going to generate static pages and then serve them with HTML forms, you can do that in a batch job, service HTML form requests with any old web server and then you can reference and load the static files using regular web technology....without SAS being involved...because once SAS and ODS create the static files, SAS is out of the picture and the static, generated HTML files are just content.

At any rate, it might be to your benefit to work with your SAS Sales Rep and/or SAS Technical Support to understand -exactly- what your company's software configuration is, and understand -exactly- what pieces of your configuration you need to use in order to do what you want (if it can be done) and to get links to relevant training and/or documentation. For example, the SAS Stored Process Web Application, when installed correctly, contains a set of sample output and programs that shows how to use SAS Stored Processes with HTML forms in order to generate dynamic content for users of the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation