BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am using SAS 9.1.3 and creating RTF's using ODS and PROC REPORT.

I wish to place more than one PROC REPORT output on one page of my RTF. I can achieve this by using STARTPAGE=NO is the ODS command, however it still inserts continuous section breaks between the tables - this is something that I cannot have.
How can I remove these breaks?

Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
wayne_sas
SAS Employee
There are a couple of things to try before contacting SAS Technical Support. Every time a proc starts there is an explicit call for a newpage. Even when startpage=no is on, there may be a need to issue the section information since there could be any number of things needed (from page oritentation chnages to changes in styles to requests for changes in page numbering, etc), that require a renewal of section information.

Although startpage=no adds a \sbknone to the section information, the section information is updated and can be used at the first opportunity.

The bodytitle information will remove the titles and footnotes from the section information and place it in the body of the table where it will not overwrite what the current information is. This may address your needs if it is the titles and footnotes you are concerned with.

If you need to have ALL the information stripped and take all teh responsiblity for what that means, please contact SAS Technical Support. This will do 2 things. They may be able to provide you with a troublsome way to strip the section information out of your rtf file in 9.1.3. It could also lead to a request to make this easier to do in future releases.
GGO
Obsidian | Level 7 GGO
Obsidian | Level 7

Wondering whether there has been any progress here for SAS 9.4 - any way to prevent these automatic section breaks with the RTF destination. I understand the implications of suppressing section breaks (titles, etc), but nonetheless it seems like a basic option.

I have trouble believing that this remains impossible, given the number of customizations that are available ... but all my attempts today have failed 🙂

Thanks!

@wayne_sas wrote:
There are a couple of things to try before contacting SAS Technical Support...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation