BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, before I burn any more brain cells on this one I thought I'd ask. I'm trying to perfect a spreadsheet format but can't seem to affect Row / Cell height at all. I was able to work around by showing Observations and making them a massive sized font, but that's too unprofessional looking.

This is the code I'm using for the moment. There's some junk in there.. remnants of different things I've tried. Autofit, row_heights, nothing seems to work. It seems like I can only properly use the Column settings with HTML too... am I mistaken?

proc import out = testing
datafile="..."
dbms=excel2000 replace;
run;

proc template;
define style XLsansPrinter;
parent = styles.sansPrinter;
style header_id from header /
font_weight = bold
background= light blue
just = c
vjust = top
borderwidth=2
font_face=arial;
style data_currency from data /
font_size = 11pt
just = c
borderwidth=2
cellheight=20;
style data_text from data /
cellwidth=10
font_size = 40pt
cellheight=10;
end;

define column char_var;
generic=on;
style=data_text;
header=colhd;
end;

run;

ods listing close;
ods tagsets.excelXP path='C:\Documents and Settings\leach\Desktop' file="test! %sysfunc(date(),yymmddn8.).xls" style=XLsansPrinter;

ods tagsets.ExcelXP
options(
row_heights='20,20,20,20,20,20'
absolute_column_width='10'
embedded_titles='yes'
suppress_bylines='yes'
sheet_interval='none'
sheet_name='SheetSheet!');
title 'Testing Continues!';

proc print data=testing noobs label style(header)=header_id style(data)=data_currency style(obs)=data_text;
run;

ods tagsets.ExcelXP close;

Thanks so much.
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Is this more Microsoft's problem than anything?

(I am a SAS Newbie, if there's some glaring error please tell me!) Message was edited by: Alai
Eric_SAS
SAS Employee
In answer to Alai, this is more of a microsoft problem, but we are stuck with making it work.
autofit doesn't work. - that is microsoft's problem. I keep trying anyway...

First I am wondering which version of the tagset you are using. Later versions of the tagset have greatly improved height calculations. I wouldn't be surprised if a newer version made
all of your problems go away.

Version 1.86 is available on the web at http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/

The next thing is that you could use row_height_fudge, It's in points, and it is added to the height of each row after the calculations are done. You do not want autofit_height on, that will turn off any height specifications. Autofit_height would be great if Excel actually did what it should.

As it is, heights must be calculated and specified. The row_heights option can help also, but since you appear to want them all the same height, row_height_fudge may be what you need, although the heights will vary according to the font size and number of rows the text needs.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation