BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kastchei
Pyrite | Level 9
I am running SAS 9.1.3 Service Pack 4 on XP.

I have the following proc report in ODS PDF. As written, just=d does not work. It becomes as if just=r. However, if I comment out either of the break statements, just=d works as expected. Not so much an open issue as just bug identification. The extra break in there is solely to build in more white space into the report, but isn't necessary.

proc report data = ii_2_t3 nowindows split = '~';
column _label_ sort _stat_ baseline endpoint;
define _label_ / order style = [just = l] 'Lab';
define sort / order noprint;
define _stat_ / display style = [just = l] 'Statistic';
define baseline / display style = [just = d] 'Baseline';
define endpoint / display style = [just = d] 'Endpoint';
break after _label_ / suppress summarize;
break before _label_ / suppress summarize;
run;
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm a bit confused. You have all display variables, so the summarize on the BREAK statement is essentially not doing anything because there's nothing to summarize.
When I run equivalent code in SAS 9.2 and ODS PDF, I see the just=d working whether the BREAK statement is there or not.
If you feel you have found a bug, the best thing to do is open a ticket with Tech Support so they can test it in all current versions of SAS and report the problem to the developers.
The only difference between my code and yours is that I coded my DEFINE statements as:
[pre]
define baseline / display style(column) = [just = d] 'Baseline';
define endpoint / display style(column) = [just = d] 'Endpoint';
[/pre]

cynthia
Kastchei
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes, the breaks are strictly there to force white space between groups. The just works fine with one break statement, but not with both. Thanks for the advice. I'll put in a ticket.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation