BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
braverju
Obsidian | Level 7

I am sorry if this is a repetition, but I cannot find a solution to my problem. I would like to create an Excel output file with multiple sheets. For some reason nothing works for me.

I try :

ODS EXCEL file="output.xlsx"
style=HTMLBlue  
options(
   embedded_titles='yes'
   sheet_interval="none" 
   sheet_name="Sheet 1"
);

%someMacroFunction_ThatPrints_TheOutput;

ODS excel options(sheet_name="Sheet 2");

%anotherMacroFunction_ThatPrints_TheOutput;

ODS Excel close;

What I get is a file with a single sheet "Sheet 1". I tried to replace ODS EXCEL with ODS tagsets.excelxp . Same results. 😞

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Sheet_Interval should be PROC.
None indicates that it all goes to one sheet.

SHEET_INTERVAL Options: Interval to divide the output between worksheets. Values are Table, Page, Bygroup, Proc, or None

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Reeza
Super User
Sheet_Interval should be PROC.
None indicates that it all goes to one sheet.

SHEET_INTERVAL Options: Interval to divide the output between worksheets. Values are Table, Page, Bygroup, Proc, or None
braverju
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks a lot!
braverju
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you again. May I ask a bit more on this. 

I changed the code to 

ODS EXCEL file="output.xlsx"
style=HTMLBlue  
options(
   embedded_titles='yes'
   sheet_interval="PROC" 
   sheet_name="Sheet 1"
);

%someMacroFunction_ThatPrints_TheOutput;

ODS excel options(sheet_name="Sheet 2");

ODS Excel close;

But now ever single PROC is printed in a separate sheet.  I tried something like 

ODS excel options(sheet_name="Sheet 1" sheet_interval="none);

%firstMacroFunction_ThatPrints_TheOutput;

ODS excel options(sheet_name="Sheet 2" sheet_interval="PROC");

I get all PROCS in the firstMacroFunction_ThatPrints_TheOutput printed on a single sheet (as requested). But the rest are all printed on separate sheets. If I change the 3rd line to sheet_interval = 'none' I get everything on the single sheet (first macro AND the second macro). 

I would appreciate your help. 

Julia

Reeza
Super User
I don't understand your question. You can control the output type by changing ods excel options in the middle but I have no idea what your functions are doing so I can't help with that. The option stays valid until you change it.
braverju
Obsidian | Level 7

I am sorry for not being clear. The macro functions just print a list of different freq tables. Stating simply I would like to have several tables on Sheet 1 and several more on Sheet 2. 

ODS excel options(sheet_name="Sheet 1" sheet_interval="none);

PROC FREQ .....

RUN;

PROC FREQ .....

RUN;

PROC FREQ .....

RUN;

PROC FREQ ...

RUN;

PROC FREQ...

RUN;

What I get by this code is the first 3 FREQ results on a single sheet (as expected) and the last two each one on its own sheet. I would like to have three first FREQ results on Sheet 1 and the last two PROC FREQ results on Sheet 2. Thank you.

Reeza
Super User

Untested, but I think you'd have to switch it after you switched it to proc and then back to none.

PROC FREQ ...
RUN;
ODS excel options(sheet_name="Sheet 2" sheet_interval="NONE");
PROC FREQ...
RUN;

braverju
Obsidian | Level 7

Yeah.. This would work if I wanted a single PROC printed on Sheet 1 and then multiple PROCs printed on Sheet 2. However, when I want multiple PROCs printed on Sheet 1 and then again multiple PROCs printed on Sheet 2 it doesn't work. 😞 What does sheet_interval = "page" do? For some reason I cannot google a clear explanation on that....Thank you a lot. 

Reeza
Super User

Ok..apparently you declare the option with sheet_interval='none' to create a new page. Everytime you want a new page, set the option again. Also, make sure you're using the latest version of tagsets from t he webpage. 

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/index.html

ods tagsets.excelxp  file='C:/_localdata/sample.xml' options(sheet_interval='none');

proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;

proc print data=sashelp.class;
run;

ods tagsets.excelxp options(sheet_interval='none');

proc print data= sashelp.air;
run;

proc print data=sashelp.cars;
run;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;
braverju
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you... I am actually using 

ODS Excel (rather than ODS tagsets.excelxp because it's important for me to create an output as an Excel file (not as xml). Do you think it is a problem? I also assumed that calling sheet_interval = 'none' should create a new sheet every time I call it. Apparentely, it doesn't. 

Reeza
Super User
It can definitely be an issue with ODS Excel. I thought ODS Excel was still pre-production, didn't realize it was fully implemented yet. I'm on SAS 9.3 😞
wcp_fnfg
Obsidian | Level 7
I'm really late to reply here, but you can customize the sheet breaks by throwing another sheet interval = 'none' wherever you want.

ods tagsets.excelxp options(sheet_interval="none" sheet_name = 'XX');

code

ods tagsets.excelxp options(sheet_interval="none" sheet_name = 'ZZ');

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation