BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EyalGonen
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to protect certain columns/cells when using the ExcelXP tagset?

For example, I am proc printing SASHELP.CLASS and would like to protect the NAME column from changes.

Thanks,
Eyal
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I believe that TAGSETS.EXCELXP gives you ways to hide or freeze particular columns, but does not provide a method for protecting columns. I think this is because the method of protecting columns happens from an Excel drop down box that may not have an XML or Spreadsheet Markup Language tag that is "not" produce-able by TAGSETS.EXCELXP.

You may want to check with Tech Support whether this might be possible at all with other tagsets, such as TAGSETS.TABLEEDITOR or not.

cynthia
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
if it's not there yet, I think it might be introduced to the tagset "real soon now" 😉
See the developers paper "Paper 031-2010 ODS ExcelXP: Tag Attr Is It! Using and Understanding the TAGATTR= Style Attribute with the ExcelXP Tagset" at
http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/031-2010.pdf"

many of the snippets of generated XML show [/pre]

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation