BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,

I want to produce, with my "proc plot", a cartesian coordinate system where the unit on the two axis is the same length.

How can I do that ? I want something like 1cm for 1 unit on both axis.

Thanks !
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
I forgot :

I would also like to know how to annotate my graph, with a label for each point.
How can I do that ?

Thanks !
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
Hello.

There is no real annotate feature outside SAS/GRAPH, so you can't really annotate a proc plot. Either use GPLOT or consider the following syntax :
PROC PLOT DATA = ... ;
PLOT Xvar * Yvar = "#" $ labelVar ;
RUN ; QUIT ;

THe # symbol will be used to mark points, and the values of labelVar will be written next to the points.

For "square" graphics with both axis of the same length, try to change the LS and PS option to control the Output page size. You can shrink or expand axes that way (you can do the same with SAS/GRAPH using the VSIZE and HSIZE GOPTIONS). But it's not a very satisfying way to do things, just a workaround.

Maybe you can check also the ODS GRAPHICS templates : maybe there is a "square plot" template that you could use in a Data step (I've seen SUGI papers talking about such things).

Hope it helps.
Olivier
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you Olivier !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation