BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Dear community!

I did not dare asking this in the administration group: What could be an admin repository?

One question from the prep exam for the SAS Platform Administration Certificate is: 

Which type of repository is the BILineage repository?

(a) Foundation repository

(b) Project repository

✔️  (c) Custom repository

(d) Admin repository

Now I know foundation, project, and custom repositories ... but what is or could be an admin repository? Any guesses?

Cheers

fja

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In the context of the question it looks to me like a made-up answer to ensure there are 4 options to choose from. AFAIK, a repository in SAS 9 relates to metadata. A metadata repository can be used for many purposes. One of the primary uses is to define identities and permissions for SAS users. I guess that could be described as an admin repository, but could equally be called a foundation repository.

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you for your reply. Could be, but often the "wrong" answers are not entirely made up but are tentalisingly close to some meaningful answer. Hence my question ...
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

The SAS Docu only defines 3 types. Admin Repositories are not in this list.
https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bisag/p1b7gxgkbu04zbn1dhnh3pb8c6zs.htm 

Interestingly under above link is then also this note.

Patrick_0-1669541747609.png

So now... Is there a 4th repository called "BILineage" as the note suggests? But then that's not one of the answer options. 

Given that the docu states that Project Repositories are for DI only, the only options left are Foundation and Custom ....so just deducing that the note calls this "additional repository" it must be a Custom Repository. 

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you very much for your reply. I knew that page ... but for me the general term for these three repo types was "metadata repository". I will give it a think ... 🙂

... and I am struggeling with the term "BILineag repo", too. It seems to be some sort of additional custom repository. But I am still looking for some purposeful documentation on that  topic.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

They are all types of metadata repositories. Most sites/implementations I know have only a single Foundation repository and don't bother with all the rest. 

I suggest just learn this bit by heart and concentrate on content that will likely be of more relevance to your job.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Best not to worry about types of metadata repository too much. They are gone in SAS Viya anyway...😉

Maybe start worrying about Git repositories instead. They are used in both SAS 9 and SAS Viya.

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Oh hummm ... so Pandora's box has been opened ... 🙂
Thanks for sharing this!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation