BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AbhishekSamanta
Fluorite | Level 6

I am a Mac user. Just yesterday switched from University Edition via Oracle VirtualBox to the web based SAS Studio. Want to upload all the files that were in the "myfolder" location in my Mac to the server. Should be a breeze via the 'upload files' dialog box. But When I choose files and click upload nothing happens and it returns to the dialog box.

Perhaps some very basic file access problem, but any help will be appreciated

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 12.38.55 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-08-20 at 12.39.18 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Upload is not possible when you use Safari. If you switch to google chrome you should be able to upload. I'm not sure what happens in Safari. Could be a specific security limitation that by default is set in Safari. I've investigated but was not able to find a way to resolve this in Safari. On my mac I use chrome. Firefox on mac should also allow for upload.

Best regards, Jos

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
Upload is not possible when you use Safari. If you switch to google chrome you should be able to upload. I'm not sure what happens in Safari. Could be a specific security limitation that by default is set in Safari. I've investigated but was not able to find a way to resolve this in Safari. On my mac I use chrome. Firefox on mac should also allow for upload.

Best regards, Jos
AbhishekSamanta
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks Jos. It worked. Despite being a Mac user for many years it still amazes me how some obvious features have been left out (or deliberately) that pushes us to non Mac products. God knows why Safari believes allowing me to upload some files will be a security issues.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation