BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jaklng2019
Fluorite | Level 6

We use saspy in Linux python to connect SAS in Windows Server by using iomlinux. The administrator in Windows Server can establish the connection successfully but other normal user fail to build up the connection and throws the following error in Python: We failed in getConnection The application could not log on to the server "xxxxxxxxxx". The user ID "xxxxxx" or the password is incorrect. SAS process has terminated unexpectedly. Pid State= (35687, 64000) SAS Connection failed. No connection established. Double check your settings in sascfg_personal.py file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaklng2019
Fluorite | Level 6
Finally i find a workaround. I updated the local group policy from SAS server. I added the user into this policy "Local Computer Policy >> Computer Configuration >> Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> User Rights Assignment >> Local Policies >> Log on as a batch job", then user can establish the connection through saspy.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @jaklng2019,

I think checking the offical link could help you start with this https://sassoftware.github.io/saspy/troubleshooting.html#iom-specific-errors
jaklng2019
Fluorite | Level 6
I think those account don't have permission to connect. How can i grant the specific permission on Windows Server rather than grant the administrator role?
sastpw
SAS Employee

Connecting to a workspace server requires credentials which are stored in the metadata server (OMR). The error you are getting is pretty clear that the credential being provided are not valid to be able to connect to that server. I would need to have more information to have a better idea of anything more than that. I assume you expect the credentials to work.It may be more productive to open an issue on saspy to get direct help with this: https://github.com/sassoftware/saspy/issues  (click New Issue).

Thanks,

Tom

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Is it a permission issue on the SAS server?  Can those users connect to that SAS server using some other tool? Like Enterprise Guide or SAS/Studio?

Or is it different environments on Linux?  Perhaps you can test by having the admin user try to connect to SAS using when running as one of the other users on the Linus machine that is running the python?

jaklng2019
Fluorite | Level 6

I think it is a permission issue on SAS server. If i add the user into the administrator group on SAS server (Windows Server), then the user can establish the connect through saspy which hosts in another Linux server.

Are there any permissions that i need to grant for the user to connect or any ports? it is not acceptable to grant the administrator role for all user. However, those users can connect to SAS through Enterprise Guide and SAS/Studio.

jaklng2019
Fluorite | Level 6
Finally i find a workaround. I updated the local group policy from SAS server. I added the user into this policy "Local Computer Policy >> Computer Configuration >> Windows Settings >> Security Settings >> User Rights Assignment >> Local Policies >> Log on as a batch job", then user can establish the connection through saspy.
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Oh, good one! however that's a pre-requisite for using SAS on windows machines. Glad you fixed it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation