BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7

I don't know what link to click on to download the SAS University edition on my MacBook.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

SAS University edition no longer exists. 

It has been replaced by SAS On Demand for Academics. https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

SAS University edition no longer exists. 

It has been replaced by SAS On Demand for Academics. https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html

--
Paige Miller
zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7

Is SAS studio what is used now?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

SAS On Demand for Academics (ODA for short) uses SAS Studio

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

@zhawasli1 wrote:

Is SAS studio what is used now?

SAS Studio was used in University Edition and is also available in ODA. 

zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7
Is that the same thing as SAS studio where you have to sign in on a web browser? Thank you so much!
Toyaevelyn
Calcite | Level 5

Help! I need to download this zip file EPG194 that includes one SAS program (createdataPG1_oda.sas) on my Macbook but when I try to open it, a message pops up, that there is no application defined to open the document, I have tried to open it from finder but nothing works, I don't even get the option of being a zip file to decompress. How can I open it(I'm using SAS Ondemand for Academics Dashboard)?

Reeza
Super User

You need to upload the files to SAS Academic on Demand.

On Demand runs entirely in the cloud so the files also need to be in the cloud, it cannot see files on your desktop. 

The OS is irrelevant to this particular issue. 

If it's a .sas file you can open it on your Mac, it's a text file. Use a text editor, like TextEdit (I prefer BBEDIT personally as my text editor on my Mac). You can then copy and paste the code into the browser, but uploading the files is the better approach. 

KaueMAlmeida
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS On Demand for Academics (ODA) uses a server provided for SAS Institute. When you logon into ODA a request for a server is made, so you are demanding a server for academical use. That's the reason for it's name: On Demand for Academics. 

The server runs SAS Studio, that is a kind of a source code editor where you can use SAS Base language. This code is compiled and processed in a server provided by SAS Institute.

After log on SAS ODA you can see which server you are demanding for use at the upper right.

SAS ODASAS ODA

zhawasli1
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so Much! That explains a lot!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation