BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jflatto
Obsidian | Level 7

(The attached Word document includes the screen shots.)

I am trying to import data into Enterprise Miner for analysis and get an error message with my path when setting the Project Start Code for a project in Enterprise Miner.

Background – I am a faculty member at a university and have been using SAS OnDemand for my classes.  I know how to upload data via SAS Studio OnDemand, create a library with the data and then in Enterprise Miner OnDemand, access the data after adding the appropriate Project Start Code.

Our university just bought SAS, including Enterprise Miner, and it has been installed on our servers for multi-student use.  Screen shots to the contents of the servers and more detail on the “Local Disk”.  All these drives are on virtual servers, not on a personal computer.  The servers are running a Windows environment and we do not have SAS Viya installed.

I upload a file on my PC to the servers via SAS Studio, create a library, and import the data into the library. The screen shots shows the file information when I import the data into the library.  Again, the paths shown below are on the virtual servers, not my own PC.  The imported data appears in my library as shown in the screen shot.

I then open Enterprise Miner, create a project and select “Project Start Code”:

When I try to run the Start Code, I get errors.  Clearly the path name is not correct.

I make the following changes to the Start Path code hoping to solve the error but it doesn’t help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

In a quick review of your Word doc, I note this:

quote_issue1.png

so, aside from any other issues, the missing quote in LINE 1 is causing a problem. I can duplicate this in my local SAS:

quote_issue2.png

My suggestion would be to either fix line 1 or remove LINE 1 from the code you submit and get a good libname statement assignment and then go from there.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

In your Enterprise Miner startup code, it looks like you have a placeholder line:

libname Credit '<some text here;

Remove that line.  It's not a valid path and it's missing a closing quote.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

In a quick review of your Word doc, I note this:

quote_issue1.png

so, aside from any other issues, the missing quote in LINE 1 is causing a problem. I can duplicate this in my local SAS:

quote_issue2.png

My suggestion would be to either fix line 1 or remove LINE 1 from the code you submit and get a good libname statement assignment and then go from there.

Cynthia

jflatto
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the quick responses.  I can not believe I missed the missing quote.  Smiley Happy  I deleted the first line completely and got it to work.

Now on to my next step of "crawling" using a local version of Enterprise Miner as compared to the OnDemand version that I have used for 3 years. 

jflatto
Obsidian | Level 7

If I can follow-up to my other question.

I know how to import an Excel or CSV from my PC directly into Enterprise Miner running on our server using a File Import node in Enterprise Miner.  Is there any way to import a .sas7bat directly from my PC into Enterprise Miner running on our server without creating a library located on the server?  

Somewhat related, it is possible to create a SAS Library on my PC and access it from Enterprise Miner running on the server?  To be clear, I do not have SAS installed on my PC.  

I am trying to think of the best way to share files with my students when we use Enterprise Miner rather than OnDemand as in previous semesters where the libraries for the various SAS courses already exist.

Thanks.

Jerry

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I believe you need a LIBNAME to define your SAS datasets to Enterprise Miner. But, whether that LIBNAME can point to a local drive, such as your C: drive or your students' local drives depends on the EM configuration. If the SAS server is on a network location that is not able to reach your C: drive, then you will need to move the files to the server.

As an example, with SAS OnDemand for Academics, for the Applied Analytics using SAS Enterprise Miner class, the data for THAT class is already loaded on the OnDemand server. But if an instructor has data for the students to try out, the instructor has to upload that data to his/her course folder on the OnDemand server in order to share it. If you need help with EM and loading data, you might consider working with Tech Support.

Cynthia
jflatto
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks.  A big part of my issue is that I am not even sure of the questions to ask now that we have our own server-based SAS.  Using SAS OnDemand, students can use existing libraries for the course files already created by SAS loaded on their servers.  

Now I am trying to figure out what I need to do to replicate the functionality of SAS OnDemand for our local server.  My first step was to simply be able to move a single file from my own PC to SAS Studio on the server, convert it into a sas7bat file and make it available inside of Enterprise Miner.  With your help earlier in this thread, I can now do that.  Smiley Happy

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation