BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

I'm having issue with SAS Deployment Backup that are running in SAS Environment Manager. I checked log file in <Directory>:\SAS\Config\Lev1\Web\Logs\SASServer1_1\SASDeploymentBackup9.4.log and was able to locate these errors:

2019-06-07 21:11:47,867 [localhost-startStop-4] ERROR [sasadm@saspw] com.sas.svcs.backup.spi.BackupServiceImpl - Primary tier is not set. Please make sure that primary metadata tier is not excluded.
2019-10-13 01:00:51,017 [scheduler-1] WARN [sasadm@saspw] com.sas.svcs.backup.analyze.BackupRequestContext - No tasks are found for backup type CUSTOMDIR
2019-10-13 01:00:51,284 [scheduler-1] WARN [sasadm@saspw] com.sas.svcs.backup.analyze.BackupRequestContext - No tasks are found for backup type SASTIER

FYI: 3 machines topology (Individual servers for each tier metadata, computetier and midtier)

Any help will be appreciated 

Thanks,
Asif

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Asif4862 

You haven't mentioned if you have checked if the agent service is running on all the instances or not? Could you please follow the steps in this link and validate?

Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

@Anand_V FYI: On all three servers all SAS services are running fine included Deployment Agent Services.

My all SAS Backup in Environment Manager are now in purged state.

But I'm able to see daily backup in SAS Management Console

Thanks,
Asif

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Asif4862 

By default, Backup manager retains backup files for a period of 30 days. These files are located on server location: SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Backup/Vault. If during configuration this was changed, you can login to SAS Backup Manager and navigate to policy window to find the vault location updated. If the files from this location are deleted then also it would show as purged status.

The error that you have shared in the original post could be due to some issue with the agents. I think you should try to restart the agents and then test by taking an adhoc backup.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation