BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bishythapa
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am new to SAS. I am trying to learn the basics. I am going through the fundamentals. My question is that I cannot seem to see the output after running my code. There are no errors in the log file. Following is what I ran (and attached jpeg is the screenshot of the details). Would appreciate any help!

data eu_occ2016;
set pg1.eu_occ;
where YearMon like "2016%";
format Hotel ShortStay Camp comma17.;
drop geo;
run;

sas_code_output.jpg

Thanks,

-BT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Please use the below step after the data step and get the output automatically in the output.

proc print data=eu_occ2016;
run;
Thanks,
Jag

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16
Have you checked the work library in the explorer window, there a dataset eu_occ2016 is created. That will be your output.
Thanks,
Jag
bishythapa
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you so much!

-BT

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You are running a DATA step where the only output is a dataset called eu_occ2016.

You will find this dataset in your SAS WORK library.

bishythapa
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you, much appreciated! Yes, the dataset is there. I guess my question is how do I organize the settings in such a way that I am able to see the output as soon as I run the command? I do not want want to dig into a folder to see what my output looks like. 

Thanks much!

-BT

Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Please use the below step after the data step and get the output automatically in the output.

proc print data=eu_occ2016;
run;
Thanks,
Jag
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you ever switch to using Enterprise Guide as your SAS development interface, output datasets can be displayed automatically without any coding. 

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@bishythapa wrote:

Thank you, much appreciated! Yes, the dataset is there. I guess my question is how do I organize the settings in such a way that I am able to see the output as soon as I run the command? I do not want want to dig into a folder to see what my output looks like. 

Thanks much!

-BT

You first have to run some code that actually produces output.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation