BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nballred1
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS community,

I have a fairly basic issue that I am hoping someone can help me with. I was trying to import some data into SAS from a csv file but it appears that SAS is omitting some of the observations when the file is read in. As you can see from the log out put I have included SAS recognizes that there are 197 records, or 197 rows of information in the excel document; however, it only includes 104 observations in the data set. There are missing observations for some of the variables, as you can see in the screenshot I have included from the excel file, which might be causing the issue. Any advise on how I can include all 197 observations in the working data set in SAS would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate

rawdata.PNGlog.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
8 REPLIES 8
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

try adding truncover option in your infile statement

nballred1
Calcite | Level 5
This fixed the issue, I appreciate the help.
nballred1
Calcite | Level 5
I was having the same issue when using datalines. Do you know how I would be able to correct this issue if I was using datalines instead of infile to import my data.
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Add option DSD to your infile statement.

PG
nballred1
Calcite | Level 5

This fixed the issue, I appreciate the help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation