BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nique
Fluorite | Level 6

I currently have access to SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Universal Viewer. I have been dabbling in universal viewer, but have not been able to figure out how to use enterprise. So at this moment I am able to view, sort and filter data files in viewer, which is great. I am posting this because I am finding out my assignment will require that I merge or join data files together to review information. I am told, maybe its wrong I can not merge in SAS universal viewer, so that's fine. I have Enterprise, but I am not a coder, I am comfortable pointing and clicking. So what do I need to do, why program is it that will allow me to merge data files together easily without coding? Can I do that with viewer, enterprise? or perhaps there is no way to do it other than coding, or perhaps theres another program that will permit? Please help. I've been on this all day today

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Go here, click the Getting Started with SAS Programming and take the first e-course. I'd highly recommend that or walking through the EG tutorials that are installed. They'll help you get started. And the documentation of course....

https://support.sas.com/en/software/enterprise-guide-support.html

There's a video there on using query builder for example or the tutorial here

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/tut8/en/menu.htm

@Nique wrote:

I currently have access to SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Universal Viewer. I have been dabbling in universal viewer, but have not been able to figure out how to use enterprise. So at this moment I am able to view, sort and filter data files in viewer, which is great. I am posting this because I am finding out my assignment will require that I merge or join data files together to review information. I am told, maybe its wrong I can not merge in SAS universal viewer, so that's fine. I have Enterprise, but I am not a coder, I am comfortable pointing and clicking. So what do I need to do, why program is it that will allow me to merge data files together easily without coding? Can I do that with viewer, enterprise? or perhaps there is no way to do it other than coding, or perhaps theres another program that will permit? Please help. I've been on this all day today

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nique
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you Kurt for your efficient response. Much appreciated.
CurtisMackWSIPP
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I am not sure how far along you are in Enterprise Guide.  This will get you started.

Working with Process Flows 

You are looking specifically for the Query Builder Task.

Reeza
Super User

Go here, click the Getting Started with SAS Programming and take the first e-course. I'd highly recommend that or walking through the EG tutorials that are installed. They'll help you get started. And the documentation of course....

https://support.sas.com/en/software/enterprise-guide-support.html

There's a video there on using query builder for example or the tutorial here

https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/guide/tut8/en/menu.htm

@Nique wrote:

Nique
Fluorite | Level 6

This was great thank you so much Reeza, that link you sent me learning the basics, had a link for joining tables in Enterprise Guide. So I'll just need to follow the instructions, I will maybe start with some of the tutorials, so I can get familiar doing some of the basics first in Enterprise, then I'll be ready for the query tool. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation