BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
POOJA_J
Obsidian | Level 7

I use SAS university edition to learn SAS. (Don't have software)

I create & save my notes in sasuser library and practice codes in it. Is there any expiration date after which I can't access my notes saved in it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
SAS University Edition was retired quite a while ago, so it is unlikely that you are using SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine anymore. My guess is that you are asking about a SAS OnDemand for Academics account, which is accessed by signing into your SAS Profile and clicking on SAS Studio from the OnDemand Dashboard.
Your account can be terminated if you violate the terms of use for the account. Typically, however, independent users will use their SAS OnDemand account while they are learning SAS and then their usage of the OnDemand account will start to taper off as they find jobs and get access to SAS through work. Every time you log onto SAS OnDemand for Academics, you must agree to the terms of use. As long as you keep logging on to the system on a regular basis and keep agreeing to the terms of use, your account will remain active. Eventually, you'll either stop using the account or you'll move onto other ways of using SAS and after a long period of inactivity where you have not agreed to the terms of use, then your account is deleted. Also, remember that independent users only receive 5GB of disk space in their home folder, so at some point, you'll probably need to move some of your notes and programs and files to your local machine (using the Download feature), so you can free up space and have the files locally available. And, honestly, as much as I love the cloud, I always like to have backups, so I would never have my notes stored only in one place. I'd have them in the cloud, on my local machine, on a backup of my local machine and on a flash drive that I stored off-site. If the files were important to me, I would make sure I had more than one place where they were stored.
Just my .02 on having multiple copies,
Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hello!
Are you aiming at the "old" university edition (the one based on a vm) or the "new" Sas on Demand for Academics approach?
--fja
POOJA_J
Obsidian | Level 7

Using SAS OnDemand for Academics

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
SAS University Edition was retired quite a while ago, so it is unlikely that you are using SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine anymore. My guess is that you are asking about a SAS OnDemand for Academics account, which is accessed by signing into your SAS Profile and clicking on SAS Studio from the OnDemand Dashboard.
Your account can be terminated if you violate the terms of use for the account. Typically, however, independent users will use their SAS OnDemand account while they are learning SAS and then their usage of the OnDemand account will start to taper off as they find jobs and get access to SAS through work. Every time you log onto SAS OnDemand for Academics, you must agree to the terms of use. As long as you keep logging on to the system on a regular basis and keep agreeing to the terms of use, your account will remain active. Eventually, you'll either stop using the account or you'll move onto other ways of using SAS and after a long period of inactivity where you have not agreed to the terms of use, then your account is deleted. Also, remember that independent users only receive 5GB of disk space in their home folder, so at some point, you'll probably need to move some of your notes and programs and files to your local machine (using the Download feature), so you can free up space and have the files locally available. And, honestly, as much as I love the cloud, I always like to have backups, so I would never have my notes stored only in one place. I'd have them in the cloud, on my local machine, on a backup of my local machine and on a flash drive that I stored off-site. If the files were important to me, I would make sure I had more than one place where they were stored.
Just my .02 on having multiple copies,
Cynthia
POOJA_J
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your detailed guidance. 

I appreciate it. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation