BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mark_lmnt
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to reopen an ODS RTF destination after it has been closed to add further contents?

For example:

ods rtf.tagsets file="C:\Stats\SAS_output.rtf" ;

proc freq data=ds1 ; tables var1*var2; run ;

ods rtf.tagsets close ;

ods rtf.tagsets file="C:\Stats\SAS_output.rtf" ;

proc freq data=ds2 ; tables var1*var2; run ;

ods rtf.tagsets close ;

I am aware in the example above that the two Proc Freqs can be placed inside the same ODS. What I would like to know is if it is possible to close the rtf.tagsets destination and then reopen it to add further contents that do not overwrite the current contents displayed in the file.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I have never used it myself but guessing what you're trying to do ODS DOCUMENT might be what you're looking for.

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/273-2012.pdf 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

ODS destinations in general are limited to being created from scratch and in one process. You can imagine the complexity of interpreting an existing ODS file and adding to it hence the restriction in SAS's ODS.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

I have never used it myself but guessing what you're trying to do ODS DOCUMENT might be what you're looking for.

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings12/273-2012.pdf 

Mark_lmnt
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you very much.
I will take a good look at document and post and update.
Cheers
Mark_lmnt
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for the ODS document document. This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation