BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi All, 

I want to add multiple additional Work space server to support the multiple encoding in SAS . I have came across the below pdf which tells how to add the multiple server ?

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/AddingAdditionalSASWorkspaceServerstoSupportMultipleEncodin...

But still i have below questions :- 

1. How to invoke the SAS® Deployment Wizard in AIX env ? 
  2. While running the SAS® Deployment Wizard Do i need to stop SAS services or sas session ?  or  is it OK that if sas services are up and running while making the above changes ?
  3. What all back up should i need to take before starting the above process ?  How to cross check that SAS is working fine after this chnages also ?

Regards,

Mahesh 

2 REPLIES 2
MG18
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @PaulHomes , @JuanS_OCS ,

Please  help me in this .

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi there @MG18,

1. How to invoke the SAS® Deployment Wizard in AIX env ? You can run it with X windows or with command line interface. You can read the user guide http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf specially interesting "Using a Text-Based Interface (UNIX only)"
  2. While running the SAS® Deployment Wizard Do i need to stop SAS services or sas session ?  or  is it OK that if sas services are up and running while making the above changes ? Services can be up and running, however I recommend to have downtime, if you can do it. Because the Metadata server with have a few seconds or minutes that will enter in maintenance/administration mode.
  3. What all back up should i need to take before starting the above process ?  How to cross check that SAS is working fine after this chnages also ? Yes, full backup is always recommended. a snapshot or full backup, having all services down (again, if possible). Keep in mind that there will be services with in-memory status. The SAS Deployment Backup tool helps, but then you need extra steps for recovery. How to check? Well, you can validate all your servers, also I exect you have documented some STIC tests, or even a key user can run a few functional tests before releasing to all your users.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation