BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sketo
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I'm a new SAS user with basic knowledge of SAS DI and SAS VA and I need to update some pre-defined SAS DI jobs used to create and to load VA Feed tables in LASR. These jobs include many user written transformations I tried to update without success.

Previously, customized and standard SAS DI jobs were configured to retrieve data and formulas from an Excel database and load them into the staging area, and then into Solution data mart. Then SAS Financial management was used to run calculation on data loaded.

Is there anyone familiar with this topic here who can help ?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Sketo

If you are both new to SAS in general and to DI Studio then you have either a solid background in coding and data integration or you are in trouble.

...the way you ask your question I believe you are in trouble and should eventually try to get help from someone more experienced within your company.

From what you describe - Excel sources and a lot of user written code - it sounds like "ugly" DIS jobs which will need even more experience to change without breaking them.

Sketo
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the advice.

There is no one more experienced on this specific topic in my company, and one of the reasons I'm here is to find, hopefully, someone more experienced in the subject.
I'll try to resubmit my issue by making it as brief and concise as possible.

We are using SAS FM to run calculations whose output data will be used for reporting via SAS VA.
The matter we are having is the one related to the update of VA feed tables with data generated by SAS FM calculations.
To do this, there is a predefined SAS DIS transformation (job 23) that need probably to be updated whithout breaking the code (as you mentionned) to be aligned with the dimensions used.

We will be then able to load this updated data into the LASR server.

- Is there another way to update those table whithout using this job 23 ? If so, how can we proceed ?

- If not, is there anyone familiar or any documentation with this topic who can help updating this job ?

I don't know whether it is clearer now. If not I can try again.

Thanks

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

SAS DI Studio is the SAS tool for implementation of metadata driven ETL jobs. SAS FM is a solution which uses DIS to implement and maintain such ETL jobs.

Looking into the FM documentation - http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/fm/index.html - it appears that this solution comes with a set of pre-built DIS jobs. I guess that's the starting point for site specific configuration and expansion.

The documentation doesn't go down to a level where someone without knowledge of your site specific implementation can know what "job 23" is and does.

If you don't have the necessary skills to amend the jobs then best get in contact with your local SAS office to get support from their professional services. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation