BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi, I am reading Ron Cody's "Getting Started with SAS® Programming: Using SAS® Studio in the Cloud".

I didn't know that the user ID (U###########) in SAS studio can be customerised as shown in the book where Ron changed his ID to his real name. 

How do I change my ID in SAS studio?

Nietzsche_0-1669236322678.png

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jenburry
SAS Employee

If you are using SAS® OnDemand for Academics there is not an option to change your User ID in SAS® OnDemand for Academics.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello Nietsche!

The path you display in your images is the user home path on UNIX-like OS and is therefore comparable to the "C:\Users\<id>" directory on Win-Systems. It cannot be adjusted by the user. (i.e. needs admin activity). So it is not possible to change it by customization.

Your home path (and user ID) is generated when accessing your cloud environment ... this is normally a highly automated process .. so you will find your admins hesitating to change it, I trust.

--Fja

jenburry
SAS Employee

If you are using SAS® OnDemand for Academics there is not an option to change your User ID in SAS® OnDemand for Academics.

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks for confirming.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation