BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
denizozonur
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone,

I am using SAS University edition. And I am trying to upload sas file to SAS program. And I get the error " The size of the uploded files can not greater than 10 MB". What is the solution of this issue? Or which program can I use?

Thank you for your replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15
Did you tried shared folders between host and virtual machine?
All the best
Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yabwon
Onyx | Level 15
Did you tried shared folders between host and virtual machine?
All the best
Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

denizozonur
Calcite | Level 5
thnak you for your help. I have loaded my files by the help of your solution. But I have new problem with my data file. Because my file is xls file. I get " file work.ımport.data does not exist". How can I convert xls file to sas file. I am new user of SAS.
Thank you for your help
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since this is a non-SAS file, you need to import it first.

Place it in the shared folder, open "Server Files and Folders" in SAS Studio, double-click the file, and SAS will automatically create the import code for you. Run that ("little running man" button), and the dataset will be in library WORK.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Are you using SAS On Demand for Academics (cloud service) or the locally installed University Edition in a virtual machine? If the latter, put the file in the shared folder and either import it (if it is a non-SAS file), or set a libname to the directory (if it is a .sas7bdat file) and use it as the dataset it is.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation