BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
A-junamu_-
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi. 

I'm trying to relearn SAS for a potential job and I'm looking for a job ready(data science) SAS training course. I signed up for the  SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started, but I'm struggling to understand the content and relevancy of the course. Who is this course for?

Heretolearn22_1-1641253385278.png

I found the SAS Academy for Data Science and see three courses, but I'm wondering if there is an order to it. Are all three courses available to take or is there a limit to the courses I can take on this website? Are the three courses organized by level of difficulty or just cover different information?

Heretolearn22_0-1641253080159.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS Platform Administration is a course for those who are or wish to be administrators of SAS server installations. This really has nothing to do with data science.

The three SAS Academy for Data Science courses look like various subject areas and aren't in any order of difficulty. However I would recommend the Data Curation as a starting point as that is all about data management and preparing your data for analysis.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS Platform Administration is a course for those who are or wish to be administrators of SAS server installations. This really has nothing to do with data science.

The three SAS Academy for Data Science courses look like various subject areas and aren't in any order of difficulty. However I would recommend the Data Curation as a starting point as that is all about data management and preparing your data for analysis.

A-junamu_-
Fluorite | Level 6

Since I'm using the trial version, does access to SAS courses end in 30 days of accessing the site or 30 days or enrolling in a course? 

MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @A-junamu_- ,

for a start and to get a feeling for the SAS environment I recommend the two free courses

SAS Training in the United States -- Introduction to Statistical Concepts and

SAS Training in the United States -- SAS® Programming 1: Essentials.

Then go to SAS Global Certification | SAS to compare the certifications and chosse a learning path towards the data scientist certification, which suits you.

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

And not to forget:

SAS OnDemand for Academics | SAS

a free source for learning SAS.

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

SAS Platform Administration: Getting Started is NOT Data Science

It can prepare you for a job, but probably not a data science job.

I don't know the complete list of SAS courses available, but I would think that of the ones you have mentioned, the last three would be helpful for data science jobs. I suspect there is a better place to start, but as I said, I don't know.

--
Paige Miller
WeiChen
Obsidian | Level 7

From the titles, it looks like there is a general workflow:

Data Prep --> Statistical Analysis --> AI

If you don't need the data prep courses, I suggest you start with the ADVANCED ANALYTICS PRO course.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 in conversation