BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EthanS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I'm trying to install SAS from CDs.  I completed the software depot and am trying to install.  the deployment wizard asks for "External Account: SAS Spawned Servers Account" and requires: 

External User ID

Enter a valid external user ID. For a Windows account, you must provide the user ID in qualified format (for example, domain\userID or machine\userID).

External Password

Enter a valid password for this account.

Nothing I enter works and I'm not sure how to move passed this.  Any suggestions?

Ethan

6 REPLIES 6
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Contacting SAS Tech Support is recommended to solve such issues. You need an existing account to move on.

EthanS
Fluorite | Level 6
Yeah, I'm in a different country and it's hard to get the timing right. But I figured it out. Thanks for the reply!

Ethan
EthanS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.  The install guide did state, deep in the text, it is usually: "machine/userID" and sassrv is commonly used.  I tried many variations of this and could not get it to work.  I think defining it was my problem as I don't really know what that means. I was having a hard time contacting SAS support, as I am in a different country.

However, I discovered that I initiated a planned deployment.  Going back and initiating a standard deployment actually skipped the need to do any of this.  I have now successfully installed! 

Thanks again!

Ethan

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @EthanS 

You will have to enter an external user ID and password for this window. Usually this account is named 'sassrv'.

Check the links below for more information.

Required External User Accounts for SAS 

Rights Required by External User Accounts for SAS 

Incase you haven't planned properly for your deployment its always a good practice planning your deployment with all the required information before starting the installation and configuration. You can find more details here - Planning Your Deployment 

EthanS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi  ,

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.  The install guide did state, deep in the text, it is usually: "machine/userID" and sassrv is commonly used.  I tried many variations of this and could not get it to work.  I think defining it was my problem as I don't really know what that means. I was having a hard time contacting SAS support, as I am in a different country.

However, I discovered that I initiated a planned deployment.  Going back and initiating a standard deployment actually skipped the need to do any of this.  I have now successfully installed! 

Thanks again!

Ethan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation