BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cesarssantos
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Experts,

I'm facing a problem with date format and informat in my SAS Servers. I have two servers with some staging area. They have the same libs connected to my database (SQL Server). But when I import any table with date fields, in the SAS VA Server the date works fine (format DATE9.), but in the SAS Guide Server the date came as Character($10.)

I attached two evidences, please have a look.

Thank you, in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

How they are imported is a likely cause. By "Guide Server" do you mean you are using SAS Enterprise Guide through a server?

If so, what does the code look like that you use to read the data from the database?

cesarssantos
Obsidian | Level 7

Well, we have one server and some computer that access and process data through the server.

I'm importing data using the SAS Management Console, using register table in my LIB as follows:

First StepFirst Step

Second StepSecond Step

Third StepThird Step

That's all, the strange thing is that I follow the same script in both servers, but I get distinct results.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation