BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Pingman69
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

At the suggestion of SAS customer service, I joined this forum as I have several hardly used manuals I'd like to sell. Is that something that's permitted on this forum?

Thank you, 

Pingman69

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Quentin
Super User

And honestly, unless they were historic manuals, you're not likely to get much money from selling them.  Most folks are happy with reading online docs for anything current.  

About 20 years ago I did get a whole set of the v6.12 manuals from someone who was giving them away on SAS-L.  I only had to pay for shipping.  Somehow along the way I managed to lose them in a move.  Or perhaps my wife "lost" them in a move.  She didn't always appreciate dedicating a full bookcase to SAS manuals in our tiny apartments.  I still have plenty of SAS books (on bookcases up in the attic, out of sight from polite company), but not many manuals. In fact I think my only manual is SAS Users Guide 1979 edition.  I couldn't resist when a friend offered it to me.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
I don't think so unfortunately.
Quentin
Super User

And honestly, unless they were historic manuals, you're not likely to get much money from selling them.  Most folks are happy with reading online docs for anything current.  

About 20 years ago I did get a whole set of the v6.12 manuals from someone who was giving them away on SAS-L.  I only had to pay for shipping.  Somehow along the way I managed to lose them in a move.  Or perhaps my wife "lost" them in a move.  She didn't always appreciate dedicating a full bookcase to SAS manuals in our tiny apartments.  I still have plenty of SAS books (on bookcases up in the attic, out of sight from polite company), but not many manuals. In fact I think my only manual is SAS Users Guide 1979 edition.  I couldn't resist when a friend offered it to me.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation