BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
carles
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Guys !, 

I am quite new to SAS, and I am having a general question that I am interested in:

This question englobes 3 small questions: 

Those are: 

1. How to create a job flow using SAS Code
  2. How to copy paste programs sheets (from a main file) and changing their name for another using SAS Code.
  3. How to run these programs just created using SAS Code.

Besides the potential question to the purpose of it, I am gonna ilustrate what I have and what I want:

QuestionSAS3.PNG

Is it possible to do so ?

I have not been able to supply my SAS file example for it, but it would only have something written the Main program, which is:

%let products = A B ;
%let years = 2014 2015;
for year in years:
	for type in products:

(1) create flux with name product{i}years{year}
		(2) copypaste the programs Code1, Code2 with name as shown in example 
		(3) run Code1-YYYYP, Code2-YYYYP

I don't either want someone to make me the loops, since I can do that. I only want to know the code for inside the loop. 

Thank you in advanced for your time and consideration,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Reading the post, I don't really see the purpose.

If this EG (look like from the screen shot), this would defeat the purpose of the tool. 

EG is not an application builder for end user applications. You are using the UI itself to build flows, typically ad-hoc programs.

To answer your question, I can't see this could happen using SAS code.

EG UI is a .net application, that in turn can submit SAS code to a SAS server. SAS code itself doesn't execute in EG.

Theoretically you could use .net to build plug-in to to this, but I can't really see the benefit...

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
carles
Fluorite | Level 6

I think your answer did not get pasted

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Reading the post, I don't really see the purpose.

If this EG (look like from the screen shot), this would defeat the purpose of the tool. 

EG is not an application builder for end user applications. You are using the UI itself to build flows, typically ad-hoc programs.

To answer your question, I can't see this could happen using SAS code.

EG UI is a .net application, that in turn can submit SAS code to a SAS server. SAS code itself doesn't execute in EG.

Theoretically you could use .net to build plug-in to to this, but I can't really see the benefit...

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation