BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Enomis
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,
when I try to import an Excel file I get the error:

PROC IMPORT datafile="C:\temp\test.xlsx"
 OUT=test
 DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;
 RUN;

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

SAS:  9.4  64bit
Office: 2016 32bit

PC file server: already installed

Have you got any advice?

Thanks
Simone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have local SAS installations, then the installation on that PC is defective or has a different license/productstatus.

I would STRONGLY recommend to get rid of the local installations and switch to a central SAS server. Usually reduces license costs, but is guaranteed to reduce administrative cost (see your current issue).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Enomis
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,
in the setinit log I've the line:

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files

If I look at the Windows Services, PC File Server is running.

I've another machine with the same configuration, when i Run the proc import I don't get any error.

That's very strange

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Check out the user manual:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/63181/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0jf3o1i67m044n1j0...

If you are using libname to excel then it is excel, otherwise in proc import it should be xlsx.

Try that.

Enomis
Calcite | Level 5

I have hundreds of program importing Excel files (using the proc import above), different user run them on different machine.

I've this kind of problem with just one PC.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have local SAS installations, then the installation on that PC is defective or has a different license/productstatus.

I would STRONGLY recommend to get rid of the local installations and switch to a central SAS server. Usually reduces license costs, but is guaranteed to reduce administrative cost (see your current issue).