BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Enomis
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,
when I try to import an Excel file I get the error:

PROC IMPORT datafile="C:\temp\test.xlsx"
 OUT=test
 DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE;
 RUN;

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

SAS:  9.4  64bit
Office: 2016 32bit

PC file server: already installed

Have you got any advice?

Thanks
Simone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have local SAS installations, then the installation on that PC is defective or has a different license/productstatus.

I would STRONGLY recommend to get rid of the local installations and switch to a central SAS server. Usually reduces license costs, but is guaranteed to reduce administrative cost (see your current issue).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Enomis
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,
in the setinit log I've the line:

---SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files

If I look at the Windows Services, PC File Server is running.

I've another machine with the same configuration, when i Run the proc import I don't get any error.

That's very strange

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Check out the user manual:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/63181/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0jf3o1i67m044n1j0...

If you are using libname to excel then it is excel, otherwise in proc import it should be xlsx.

Try that.

Enomis
Calcite | Level 5

I have hundreds of program importing Excel files (using the proc import above), different user run them on different machine.

I've this kind of problem with just one PC.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have local SAS installations, then the installation on that PC is defective or has a different license/productstatus.

I would STRONGLY recommend to get rid of the local installations and switch to a central SAS server. Usually reduces license costs, but is guaranteed to reduce administrative cost (see your current issue).

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation