BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BillB
Fluorite | Level 6

We had E.G. 5.1 and Office Analytics installed.

I created data sets that I place in sub folders under a library our admin created.

When I try to access those sub folders and data sets in Office Analytics, I don't see them.

Our Admin is fairly new with SAS and I'm not sure but I believe this is a meta data issue.

Any help would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Although more details would be helpful, such as some screen shots, but it does look like a 'Read' meta data permission issue. On a side note, I found it most efficient is to ask SAS tech support to Webex into your machine.

Haikuo

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Just trying to understand what you have done, and I need to clarify your definitions

when you say folder(s) under a library your admin created - are you talking about metadata folders or physical folders? As I am not sure you can create folders under a library in metadata...

How did you place the data in the folders?

Funny questions I know Smiley Happy

Barry

BillB
Fluorite | Level 6

Barry;

When I run a query in SAS E.G. I can choose my Library only to place the ourput data set (let's call it data set 1); consequently, all the data sub sets I run are placed under web Library.

When I open in Excel Office Analytics I have to hunt through the web Library other data set files to find what I want.

I would like to be able to place the E.G. query output in a designated sub folder within the web Library so that I can organize/choose what I want in Excel Office Analytics.

revi_sas
SAS Employee

Have you registered the dataset into the library using SAS Management Console? Also the library has to be opened to the users or Office Analytics.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation