BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Cingchih
Quartz | Level 8

I could not revise the column, including name, type, and default, in the block property of the the modifier in SAS Simulation Studio (v15.1). I couldn't change it even if I click twice. I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem and how to troubleshoot it?

in SAS Simulation Studio,  neither of two block (the modifier and extractor) can modify it, and other blocks are normal.

圖片 20231130170917.png圖片 20231130172515.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cingchih
Quartz | Level 8

圖片 20231205203003.png

See letter x in red area

圖片 20231205203445.png

圖片 20231205202415.png

Thank you to the American technical team.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

A colleague suggests trying the following:

1. Open the modifier or extractor block
  2. Add a new record
  3. Change the type before making any other changes
  4. Also try changing the name after changing the type
  5. Click Apply or Ok button

For an existing record, it does look like you cannot change the values.  A workaround is to remove the existing record and add a new one.

Cingchih
Quartz | Level 8

A colleague suggests trying the following:

Open the modifier or extractor block
Add a new record
Change the type before making any other changes   

===>I tried following your suggestions, but still can't revise it. This should be a software bug.

Also try changing the name after changing the type

圖片 20231201085920.png

Cingchih
Quartz | Level 8

Although there is no solution to the problem I have found so far, I have found an alternative.

Convert the xlsx file into a sas7dbat file through SAS, and then import the data through the Observation block.

At this time, you can select "An Observation Value Input" in the modifier block instead of the problematic "Independent Value Inputs".

圖片 20231201101052.png圖片 20231201101631.png

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

Glad to hear that you found a workaround.  To help diagnose the issue, do you mind opening a new project and dragging a new Modifier to see if this behavior still persists in the new one?

Can you also please send me the “picklist” and “simstudio.ini” files from the SASSimulationStudio home directory?

The path should be like: <SASHome>\SASSimulationStudio\15.1, where <SASHome> could be C:\Program Files\SASHome

If you prefer not to attach the files, you can send them to me in a private message.

Thanks,

Rob

Cingchih
Quartz | Level 8

Tested previously and the problem still exists.

After asking the Taiwanese technical team, they used the English version of the software to open it and there were no problems. So the problem seems to be related to the language selection of the software.

For attachments, please see private message.

RobPratt
SAS Super FREQ

Thank you for sending the files.  My colleague suggests the following workaround (making the block properties EN version) that should be safe and reversible.

1. Go to this location <SASHome>\SASVersionedJarRepository\eclipse\plugins\
  2. Rename this directory by adding x at the end:

“sas.analytics.simulation.blocks.nls_150100.1.0.20181024190000_d4sim151” -> “sas.analytics.simulation.blocks.nls_150100.1.0.20181024190000_d4sim151x”

The rest of the SimStudio operations should still allow the double byte characters.  Even for these two blocks (Modifier and Extractor), you can still use double byte characters such as the Traditional Chinese.  You can reverse this workaround by renaming that directory back to its original name.

Cingchih
Quartz | Level 8

圖片 20231205203003.png

See letter x in red area

圖片 20231205203445.png

圖片 20231205202415.png

Thank you to the American technical team.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation