BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AmitKB
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi everyone,
It is an unusual question, I dont know if this is the right forum.

I need to study 16 chapers, one chapter a day. My strategy is to revise 3 times. Hence I have 48 days.

How can I optimize my schedule to achieve following:

1> Revise a chapter sooner to retain more
2> Complete the entire 16 chapters the first time as fast as possible

I appreciate all your help.

Regards,

Amit
1 REPLY 1
Philipp_SAS
SAS Employee
The optimal solution for this depends on how important the two objectives are for you.

If they are equally important, my guess is that the optimal solution is trivial:

"Study all the chapters in some order, then repeat the same order twice."

Thinking about it, maybe the order in each iteration does not even matter, depending on how we count "Revise chapter earlier". Some options would be: Sum, Arithmetic mean, median of days between chapter revisions.

One could write a MIP model with OPTMODEL, I guess. The constraints are no problem, but the objectives are a little messy, depending on what option above we choose.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation