BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Shad
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, 

I'm attempting to create a graph to demonstrate variation in medication use by hospitals and region. I think I've gotten close to what I'm after, but I'm running into some struggles while trying to fine tune the figure. 

proc sgpanel data=hospitalgraph;
	panelby region / novarname onepanel noborder layout=columnlattice  uniscale=column ;

vbar ID / response=all_opioid_Mean stat=mean categoryorder=RESPASC barwidth= 0.6 groupdisplay=cluster ;  
	vbar ID / response=methadone_mean stat=mean barwidth= 0.4 groupdisplay=cluster ; 

rowaxis label="Proportion" discreteorder=data  ;
	colaxis  valueattrs=(size=7) VALUESROTATE=VERTICAL label ='Hospital Number'; 

format region REGION_.; 
run;

fig.png

Specifically, what are some tips/tricks for: 

• Making the width/space between bars the same for each of the 4 panels?
  • How to force the bar width to be the same each panel, right now it seems to be auto scaling based on the available space
  • I was also struggling with indicating the hospital number horizontally, my work around was to request vertical x-axis IDs however for the hospitals in the Northeast region they're still horizontal, is there a better way to instead of the valuesrotate option?

Thank you, 

SO

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User
Try "PROPORTIONAL" option:
panelby year/layout=columnlattice onepanel spacing=0 noborder
colheaderpos=bottom novarname uniscale=row PROPORTIONAL ;
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

In addition to adding the PROPORTIONAL option mentioned by @Ksharp , add FITPOLICY=ROTATEALWAYS to the COLAXIS. This forces the axis tick values to rotate, even if there is no collision.

Shad
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks @DanH_sas, interestingly when I added the PROPORTIONAL option it forced the axis tick values to be 90 degrees, but I will keep this little tidbit in my back pocket if/when I need it.
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

When you used the PROPORTIONAL option, the spacing for the second cell must have compressed in a way that there were collisions on that axis as well, causing the ROTATE fit policy to be applied there as well.

Shad
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks @Ksharp. Appreciate the help, that did the trick perfectly.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation