BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14

Has anybody got a 'trick' to stay logged-in to the SAS communities longer?

Pretty much every time I go to the SAS communities page, I have to login again. That's usually once or twice a day. Most other (non-SAS) forums I'm a member of, I only have to login once a week (or longer). Just wondering if everyone's seeing the same, or if others have longer logins(?) I'm using Google Chrome browser, and a gmail email address, and I'm on a Windows 10 computer.

And a related question - the login prompts for my id on one page, and then password on another page. Has anybody figured out a way to get that all on one page? (that way, maybe I could just click once, to use my saved id and password ... rather than clicking multiple times on 2 screens.

The easier it is for me to stay logged-in, the more questions I'm likely to see & answer! 🙂

Thanks for any tips!

2 REPLIES 2
Quentin
Super User

I don't have a trick, but I agree it's a limitation.  The log-in behavior changed several years ago, during one of the community software updates.  Before that, you could stay logged in a month or maybe even longer.  I also miss the old behavior.  The log-in process feels so slow, I find myself 'lurking' more and only logging in when I decide to write something.

I would suggest moving this post to the "Community Matters" forum.  https://communities.sas.com/t5/Community-Matters/bd-p/community_discussion

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
ballardw
Super User

Letting my browser keep the login and password information means it adds two clicks when I decide to log in.

Currently the only other option is to do something actively every couple of hours so your link is treated as active.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation