BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JonathanNitzan
Calcite | Level 5
1. I'm using proc template, trying to have my tick marks plotted inside rather than outside. I'm using option tickstyle=inside, but this option seems to affect only the major tick marks, not the minor ones.

2. I'm using SAS 9.4 1M7.

3. Any suggested solution for how to have BOTH major and minor tick marks inside?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

I suggest posting your template and Sgrender code used plus some data.

Templates can be a bit picky and we need to see everything involved to understand what may be happening.

djrisks
Barite | Level 11

Hi @JonathanNitzan,

Robert Allison shows an example at the link below. You basically need to create the tick marks yourself. The TICKSTYLE = Inside, as you said only works for major tick values.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Graphics-Programming/Creating-an-axis-in-GTL-with-both-major-and-mino...

JonathanNitzan
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you for the answers -- much appreciated. I had hoped that SAS 9.4 1M7 fixed this shortcoming. It's bizarre that this feature is not available.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation