BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
coladuck
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to use Proc Gmap to draw choro maps on assembly districts (one number for each assembly district and one assembly district is a block) and I have once got my results perfectly. Suddenly I lost my maps and the program can only give me maps as a bunch of lines projected out and small pieces of blocks with no assembly districts boundary. None of my data is changed. Could anyone provide me a direction on what is going on and how to solve it?

I attached the wrong map, and a correct map by counties.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Code not pictures.

The sort of scrambled area I see is typical of the boundary values not occurring in the correct order. I would look to see if you have code that sorted the map data set.

If you sorted a permanent map data set you may have to retrieve it from an archive, backup or find the code that created it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Code not pictures.

The sort of scrambled area I see is typical of the boundary values not occurring in the correct order. I would look to see if you have code that sorted the map data set.

If you sorted a permanent map data set you may have to retrieve it from an archive, backup or find the code that created it.

coladuck
Fluorite | Level 6

I spent a whole day on this....Yes, I added an order by for some reason and I forgot about it. THANK YOU!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation