BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fastb
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using SAS server version 9.4 to make some large graphs and I get the following error message:

ERROR: Java virtual machine exception. java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

I previously used SAS PC version 9.3, and to get around this problem I edited the JREOPTONS line in the configuration file.

How do I fix this with my current version?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@fastb wrote:

Thanks Dan. You are correct; I cannot access the config file.

I start SAS using Enterprise Guide v 7.1. 

You need to talk to your SAS admin, then. He/She can make the change in the settings, either by modfying the sasv9_usermods,cfg file or the server metadata in SMC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

The same JREOPTIONS still apply for 9.4. If you do not have access to the config file, you might be able to add the options on your startup. How are you starting SAS on this system?

fastb
Fluorite | Level 6

DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

After some investigation, I unfortunately found out that you will will not be able to make this setting in Enterprise Guide. You will need to get access to the config file. Sorry about that 😞 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@fastb wrote:

You need to talk to your SAS admin, then. He/She can make the change in the settings, either by modfying the sasv9_usermods,cfg file or the server metadata in SMC.

fastb
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Dan and Kurt; I will speak with my SAS admin and have them make the needed changes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation