BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
VKWS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am trying to create a boxplot/barchart but I have received " GROUP= option is not used when the number of groups exceeds the maximum." after putting the following code.

Background: The boxplot/barchart  that I am creating is with time in the x-axis (should be six bar charts) and the y-axis showing the proportion of the a categorical variable with 5 levels. But then from the second bar chart onwards, they would be teased out further depending on the categories of the previous bar chart.

ods listing close;
ods rtf file='xx.rtf' style=newchart ;
proc sgrender data=allfalls4 template=blockplot2  ;
format fallstat survey. ;
run;
ods rtf close;
ods listing;

Before entering the above codes, I have been using PROC Template and those code in the "PROC TEMPLATE " should be correct as I have also been using those codes to create other graphs that I want. But those datasets are with less number of 'groups'.

So my best estimation about the error of creating this code is because my current dataset is with more 'groups' (over 1000) and the code that I have been using didn't cope.  I tried to search online and one of the possible ways is to use "GROUPMAX" option but I am not sure how /where I should add them in.

So I wonder if I could be directed about the feasibility of putting "groupmax" either to "ods listing close;" or "Proc template" in order to create such graph? Or if there are anything else to correct this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

The GROUPMAX option is set on the ODS Graphics statement. Just specify the option sometime before you run PROC SGRENDER:

ods graphics / groupmax=2000;  /* For example */

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarkusWeick
Barite | Level 11

Hi @VKWS,

is this really a visual analytics question?

Or wouldn't it better fit under Graphics Programming - SAS Support Communities or ODS and Base Reporting - SAS Support Communities?

Best Markus

Please keep the community friendly.
Like posts you agree with or like. Mark helpful answers as “accepted solutions”. Generally have a look at https://communities.sas.com/t5/Getting-Started/tkb-p/community_articles
DanH_sas
SAS Super FREQ

The GROUPMAX option is set on the ODS Graphics statement. Just specify the option sometime before you run PROC SGRENDER:

ods graphics / groupmax=2000;  /* For example */

VKWS
Calcite | Level 5
Many thanks for your reply. This is really helpful and really appreciate your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation