BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

I have to add multiple values in CRR Lookup table in CDD in 8.3 version. Is there any way to upload multiple values in bulk in CRR Lookup table?

One way can be to do it directly in the CRR_LOOKUP table through scripts, but how to populate 'crr_lookup_id' field while inserting data manually using script?

Is there any other or better way to do it? Please suggest.

2 REPLIES 2
Maarten_at_SAS
SAS Employee

SAS AML 8.x / VI 10.8 does not have a feature where you you upload/append records in bulk to internal entities through a pre-built user interface. The recommendation is to do so manually, using the front end investigator UI, although we acknowledge this can be cumbersome for bulk data uploads.

Whilst it is possible to write your scripts that directly write into the database schema's and tables, this is not recommended. If you do so, please consider the history and audit aspects of the data.

It should be possible to use the API for internal entity object creation and changes. SAS Professional Services should be able to help you out in this regard. For those who have access to the internal SAS pages, see Visual Investigator REST API – Visual Investigator API Reference (sas.com)

Specifically with regard to your question around the ID, in my experience it does not matter and you can use your own mechanism to define the key, as long as you make sure these values are unique. Not being an Postgres expert myself, I assume it has an auto-increment function that you can use, but in my experience you can also insert your own values as long as you keep them unique.

manishiiita
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Maarten_at_SAS , thank you for sharing your valuable suggestions.

I have explored around this. We can insert records in Lookup tables using DB query. There won't be any history in this case, as you highlighted. It works normally and whenever there will be any change for this value from VI, history will be created against it. System doesn't throw any errors. I thing, we can make entry in the history table as well along with current table, although I didn't test this.

Regarding ID, system generates alpha-numeric ID. I kept numeric values and tested same. It's working fine, it should not conflict ever with system generated alpha-numeric ID.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation