BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GiuseppeC
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear All,

in SAS by default there is the Mann-Whitney test which has disadvantages that can be solved with the Brunner-Munzel test which unfortunately is not implemented in SAS.
Could any of the developers generate an ad-hoc program?
There is the basic version and the version with permutations.
In R there are different versions therefore it would be important to have these two versions also in SAS to enhance the routines of this program and also innovate the tests compared to the now old ones.
I enclose some articles and two of them contain the program developed in R.

Thank you

Giuseppe

5 REPLIES 5
GiuseppeC
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot for the answer.

An ad-hoc program directly generated with SAS language is more useful than running an R routine.
R programs often contain errors and the results suffer.
Having a SAS program that generates the two versions (classic and with permutations) would be very important for SAS users and above all it strengthens the software itself for the future.

Giuseppe

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Do you have access to PROC IML (SAS/IML software)?

GiuseppeC
Fluorite | Level 6

I have the latest version of SAS and so i think i can use the PROC IML.
I've never loaded R procedures into SAS.
In R, you often have to create the data vector, then create the vector, and then load it; while with SAS you just load the data with a libname and everything becomes easier.
So with a program (or macro) in SAS language, in my opinion it is more useful than running a program in R which I repeat often contain errors.

Thank you

GiuseppeC
Fluorite | Level 6

I've verified that I can't change my SAS version options as I'm not the administrator and have a campus license.
I will give up having an ad-hoc program that reproduces the Brunner-Munzel test in the basic version and by permutations.

Thank you

Giuseppe

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation