BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 FK1
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Everyone,

when connecting to our Microsoft SQL Database via "SAS/ACCESS Interface to Microsoft SQL",  SAS uses the installed Progress DataDirect Microsoft SQL Server Wire Protocol ODBC driver component. (https://www.progress.com/odbc/microsoft-sql-server)

odbc_driver_32_bit.JPG

Driver_Details.JPG

I noticed, that the "S0SQLS27.DLL" being used, is dated Novermber 21st, 2018.

So my first question would be:
Is this still the up-to-date-driver, I should use?

And the other question is:

why is a 32 bit driver used, even though, I am running SAS on Windows 2016 Server 64bit?

This is, how the odbc.ini looks:

ODBC-drivers_ini.JPG

Thx,

FK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@FK1  - If that ODBC driver version was the one installed from your SAS software depot, then it is advisable to keep using it if there are no issues.

The 32-bit ODBC wire drivers are required for use with 32-bit SAS products like DataFlux Data Management Studio.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@FK1  - If that ODBC driver version was the one installed from your SAS software depot, then it is advisable to keep using it if there are no issues.

The 32-bit ODBC wire drivers are required for use with 32-bit SAS products like DataFlux Data Management Studio.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation