I am a SAS partner and we are trying to prepare a modernization path for a customer. They have a SAS 9.4 M5 environment
The intent is to upgrade them from M5 to M7 as they are not yet inclined on Viya 4. May I know where to start in the planning process?
Some items I think should be think of are the following:
- What is the Value on being in M7
- Pros to be in M7 as compare to M5/M6
Any suggestions are highly appreciated
I would not upgrade to m7 any more, m8 is planned to be released in January - as far as i know. M8 will be shipped without any outdated log4j libraries and a more recent Java version.
For the value of upgrading:
- Be assured to get the latest fixes (for threats etc).
- Check the "What's new" section in the documentation for the products that you use.
- Have a longer windows of support (it's already long but t´still...)
The SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment.