BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello community admins,

On the home page, when you navigate to "Top Liked Posts", the number of likes is no longer there.

I am reasonably confident that it is indeed the top 5 and that post 1 got more likes than post 2, but it is still interesting to see the exact number of likes. Posts with 20+ likes are certainly interesting to surf to.

Thanks,

Koen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mkeintz
PROC Star

You can see the number of likes if, after clicking on "top liked posts", you click on "view all". I never noticed before but the resulting page calls them "kudos".

It's not a satisfactory way to get counts for the initially display top five.  I did this and waited some time for the script to build up over 1,000 posts, ranked in descending "kudos" order.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

You should include the URL of the page you are calling "Home page" just so every can tell exactly what the page is. Go to the address bar of your browser and paste it into your message.

Depending on what path users use to get to the forum or keep as a start page they may not consider the same page as "home".

It is possible that you are using a deprecated link. I have had multiple bookmarked pages on the forum get moved or renamed. So it is important to make sure anyone trying to address this is starting from the same place you are.

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

What I call Communities Home Page is :

https://communities.sas.com/

Then scroll down and click "Top Liked Posts":

sbxkoenk_0-1656199526398.png

Koen

mkeintz
PROC Star

You can see the number of likes if, after clicking on "top liked posts", you click on "view all". I never noticed before but the resulting page calls them "kudos".

It's not a satisfactory way to get counts for the initially display top five.  I did this and waited some time for the script to build up over 1,000 posts, ranked in descending "kudos" order.

The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello @mkeintz ,

It's a solution indeed, but not THE solution.

The n° of likes for a post ( the top 5 ) was simply there a week ago, without having to click on "VIEW ALL".

But anyway, thanks for finding out !

Cheers,

Koen 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation