BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Multipla99
Quartz | Level 8

Does anyone know how to save login credentials for SAS Support Community?

As it is know I have to rewrite my password every time I log in.

For other web pages MS Edge can save my password so I don't I have to type it every time I log in. 

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The community sign-in is managed by SAS Profile, which is our identity system for all SAS-related services (community, training, tech support case tracking and more). The issue/behavior extends beyond communities and there isn't anything we can do on the community site specifically to influence it.

I have found password managers to work okay with this (Chrome, LastPass), but I have not tried the one that is built-in with MS Edge.

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
Multipla99
Quartz | Level 8
Thank, Chris, for your prompt answer. It doesn't work in Chrome neither. I'm never asked if I want to save the password. I need to check more in the settings.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

In Chrome

Settings->Autofill->Password Manager, it is the setting "Offer to save passwords"

--
Paige Miller
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Multipla99 wrote:

For other web pages MS Edge can save my password so I don't I have to type it every time I log in. 

At my work computer, the ability to save passwords so that we don't have to type it every time we want to log in is controlled by the system administrator, our system admin has disabled this feature, and so passwords cannot be saved by the browser. I have not tried a password manager here at work either, because the software that we can download must be on an "approved" list.

--
Paige Miller
ballardw
Super User

@PaigeMiller wrote:

@Multipla99 wrote:

At my work computer, the ability to save passwords so that we don't have to type it every time we want to log in is controlled by the system administrator, our system admin has disabled this feature, and so passwords cannot be saved by the browser. I have not tried a password manager here at work either, because the software that we can download must be on an "approved" list.

Before my IT department figured out how to control the profile there was an explicit policy that we were not to save passwords in browsers.

Multipla99
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you all of you for your input!

I managed to save my SAS Profile Credentials in my Googel Account by login in to SAS Support Communites via Chrome on my private computer.

The password is now also available when using Chrome in my work computer which will lower the threshold to log in to SAS Support Communities. I will check if I can do the same with MS Edge and my MS account. 

Multipla99
Quartz | Level 8

I have now checked with my organization. For security reasons, it's not allowed to save passwords in MS Edge. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation